Position: WEB DEVELOPER
Applications Close: 24/03/2015
Employment Type: Full-time
Would you like to work in a leading digital agency that crafts solutions for some of Australia’s leading companies - from national brands to hundreds of small and medium sized enterprises? If the web is your passion & you don't mind joining in the occasional Nerf gun shootout then you could be! We are seeking a web programmer to join our close-knit team of industry leading digital strategists, interactive designers and web developers.
We are a young, fun loving team that believe enjoying what you do is just as important as being good at it. We have a team lunch every Friday & quarterly social events where pens are down and we go out and let our hair down - whether it's bowling, rally car driving, go karting or dinner and drinks. You'll be driven and able to work with a group of peers that are equally passionate about their work and extremely fun to work with.
We are currently seeking a front end web developer with experience in the setup & integration of Content Management Systems. While your primary role will be front end web development the successful applicant will preferably have a strong understanding of PHP & MySQL.
To be successful in this role you must be able to work autonomously, work under pressure and produce high quality solutions. Finally, you must be willing to be an all-rounder who has a great mix of technical ability, communication & written skills and most importantly a great work ethic.
Role and Responsibilities
- Developing responsive websites for high end brands
- Delivering high quality standards of cut-up from PSD / AI to HTML / CSS
- Integrating HTML into a backend system – be it an open source or bespoke CMS
- Delivering projects on time and on budget
- Email marketing integration & management
- Providing project progress updates to the project manager
- Understanding of clean, reusable code markup
- Strong understanding of responsive website design & development
- Understanding of browser support & degradation
- Minimum 2 years Web Development industry experience
- Extensive experience with CMS setup & integration
- Understanding of Adobe Photoshop & Adobe Illustrator
- Great troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Great time management skills enabling you to work independently
Preferred and Favourable Experience/Skills
- Strong understanding of PHP & MySQL
- Extensive experience with WordPress
- Experience with X-Cart & Magento eCommerce Platforms
- Experience with Smarty template engine
- Email marketing integration & management experience
- Experience with web fonts & icon libraries
- Experience with API integration
- Search Engine Optimisation knowledge & experience
- Email & technical support experience
- 30+ hours of semi-professional go-kart driving
The type of person that will suit this position
You’ll need to be warm and approachable and have a willingness to be a team player. A positive attitude is also essential and a desire to grow your skills for a career in the web industry. You must also be passionate and dedicated while staying ahead of current trends and technology. Finally, you must be willing to be an all-rounder who has a great mix of people skills, communication & written skills, technical ability, and most importantly a great work ethic.
If you believe you have the skills and passion for this role, please apply by completing the form below. Please provide your CV & recent portfolio of work.